Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hi There


So a little bit about me .... I recently got married. From stories/ TV shows I hear that before women get married they become crazy OCD bridezillas obsessed with perfection on their wedding day. This mostly manifests in their svelte appearance. I was this OCD bride for 1 week, 1 month before my wedding. I lost 10 pounds over the course of 7 months, most was in the first month and that 1 crazy week to fit in to my dress. Actually, to be honest that crazy week I lost 10 pounds alone being on some crazy diet. I looked great ... until the night before my wedding where I ate half a pizza and 6 margaritas and bloated crazy style. Hey ... every one deals with stress differently.

Now I was not gigantic, I looked pretty good ... but my tummy was there and I look back and wish I had done things a bit differently. I wish ... well of course you know what I wish but you can't go back in time. Now here is the kicker ... I am eating an insane amount. Like bag of caramels in a sitting amount. Who does that?

Here I am. Happily a newlywed and fat. In the span of 5 weeks I had gained 15 pounds. Yes more than I lost in 7 months. I sit here wanting to take better care of my body. I want to spend the next year putting practices in place to make me healthier and more attractive. I know a lot of people say they want to be "healthy". Screw that. I want to be sexy. I want to not see a fat roll over my jeans. I want to tell people I work out and juice fruits/ veggies and not be lying. In truth I do these things ... in the morning. Then I drink a bottle of wine at night. I want to get dressed every day in looks that some one else would pin on pinterest (Translation: actually wear all the items in my wardrobe including jewelry .... I never wear anything larger than a stud.)

Here is a list of things I probably will do:

Work out more In some way shape or form I will get my ass moving

Cook healthier meals This is something I already do ... but I will get my husband on board too :)

Spend more then 5 min getting ready most mornings That means doing my hair and actually picking out my clothes the night before. People tell me this is what normal adults do ... but I don't believe it.

Attempt to wear belts Supposedly they are slimming because they give you a waist. All I see is fat on either side so I will try them on when I get ready ... but there is a good chance I will said belt off before I leave the house ... or better yet in the car.


Here is a list of things I probably won't do:

Give up alcohol Lets face it ... I love wine and vodka. They need to be part of the plan. I will attempt to drink less.

Stick to a diet for a month straight I suffer from diet ADD. Every book, article, blog, etc I read I change my tactics. That is normal ... right?

Anyway ...  I am putting this up to send my hopeful new mantra to the world ... Get ready and get moving.

coming up tomorrow ... before pictures (Scary!) and closet clean out.

No comments:

Post a Comment